Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Enter the Intern

I had my meeting for my internship today.

I'm working for a big Jewish charity called Tzedaka.
This is their website (English and Spanish, English link is in the top right corner)

I am exceedingly excited.

I'll be working as the President's assistant.  On tuesday afternoons from 2:30 - 5 I'll be working on their International Cooperation initiative which basically amounts to international fundraising.  You know, grant proposals, making contacts with Jewish orgs abroad (esp. in Michigan and Chicago, if you're paying attention), and preparing english language material for the executive board to take with them abroad.

The coolest part in Wednesday, which is the day I'll get to work at their big clinic/hospital/dispensary place.  They receive medicinal donations from all over the world, especially drug companies and NGO's (not bad connections to make) and I'll be working both with procuring them and dispensing them to the public below the poverty line.  Totally my interest, my field, and great work and resumé experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment