Monday, February 9, 2009

So it begins [for real]

Hey guys,

So today I actually start my program. 
Or kinda... I took a cab to the academic center, which, btw, IS ACTUALLY A GORGEOUS MANSION!

There were about 20 people just getting there from the plane (There's supposedly 95 in the whole program, but I'll wait and see that).  We got a quick, and by quick I mean light speed runthrough, but basically it was just, here's where you're living, grab a cab and go there, but first, buy your cell phone.

Which I now have.  But I am still in the process of figuring out how to add minutes to it.  It is kinda complicated to go through an automated phone service, especially in spanish.

30 minutes later, I still can't figure it out.

Time, which reminds me, I really need to go out and get some socket converters so I can charge my computer.  I'm getting down to 55%.  

But anyone, I'm here in La Residencia Master, which is right in the middle of Palermo.  My room is small, shared, on the first floor, but it has it's own bathroom, which is more than I could say for Markley. 

The building itself is 3 stories of a beautiful old building, and there are a bunch of people who are with other programs and have been here for a few weeks.  I haven't met more than one yet, but I'm gunna try and get on that later tonight.

Anyways, that's it for today.  Nothing to do with NYU till tonight, a bunch of us are going to go out to dinner tonight.

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment