Thursday, February 5, 2009

Take off.

So tonight is my last night in town.  Which town exactly, well that would be Chicago.  But more exactly Highland Park.  I'm sitting here thinking of all the things I haven't done before I leave, even though I managed to be completely packed by 3pm, which is nothing short of a personal record.  Normally would be more like 3am.  

So, as I think of all the things I haven't done, I feel like the thought itself isn't really enough.  I ought to write these things down, so at the very least I have a record of them, to either 
A. Berate myself pointlessly for not doing things that don't matter anyway.
B. Actually get these things done before 10am tomorrow.
C. Let's be honest, get these things done before Feb. 15th, the day classes actually start and "orientation" ends.
or D. Have a place that let's me look back and go, "I told you so,"... to myself..."I told me so," I guess.

So, right, the list:
1. Back-up my computer.  This is kinda critical.  I have accumulated a lot of digital life, which I would kinda like to perpetuate, seeing as it's the sum total of 3 years of work.  Maybe I won't put this one off till Argentina.... Maybe.
2. Get the ipod figured out.
3. Download enough new music to keep my occupied during my 11 hour plane flight!
4. Read the book I was supposed to read before studying abroad.
5.  I'm actually way prepared.
Way more prepared than I've ever been to do anything...
5.5 Well, except I have no idea how many people are in my program.  Maybe an email could fix that but...
WAY PREPARED.  READY TO GO. T-12 Hours to Lift Off.

This is "Passing Through Palermo", but I'm damn sure I'll be doing more than just passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment