Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pears

I had the first good pear I've had in at least 10 years today.

I don't know exactly how pears fell out of my diet, but I am exceptionally positive that I have not had a good pear, you know, one that meets all of the following criteria for good pears, in many a year:

Good-Pear-Criteria
1. Sweet
2. NOT HARD
3. Crunchy-ish
4. Delicious
5. Not a funky color

This pear today, what a magical pear it was.  Met all of the above criteria and more.  Got it for 1 peso (30 cents) at the frutería today.  

I ate it while I was walking to the MALBA.  About a leisurely hour walk from the NYU building. Found this great little park beside the Biblioteca Naciónal (anyone who's ever taken spanish or seen Jon Stewart ought to know what Biblioteca means), which also happens to have this great view of an absolutely massive notre-dame-esque cathedral off in the distance that I am unfamiliar with but am on a quest to discover.  

But the MALBA... (Museo de Arte Latinoamerican Buenos Aires for new comers)
I wanted to go back and check out the second floor galleries, but apparently they are closed till March 13th to be set up for the next exhibit. 
Still spent a good hour perusing the gallery I had been through two weeks ago with Michelle. 

Antonio Berni.  Look him up.  Great stuff.

By the way, it's hot.  Like hundred degrees Fahrenheit hot.  Like locals sweating, gripeing, and going on beach vacations hot.  I like it but it does require the changing of shirts and undergarments quite frequently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment