Thursday, February 19, 2009

First Week of Classes Donzo Baby

This Week's Top Ten(or) Eleven Highlights
  1. La Bomba de Tiempo (again!)
  2. Live underground reggae show
  3. Eating at 1 of the 4 Kosher McDonalds in the world.
  4. Watching the Boca Jr's game at the bar with a bunch of angry old men.
  5. Getting a lead on taking brazilian samba drum lessons with one of the guys in La Bomba from my music class teacher.
  6. "Look here guys.  I'm a musician.  I write modern argentine classical music, and I have listened to too much loud rock music.  I've read a couple books, so I can teach this class, but I'm not really a teacher, so don't think of me like that"   -Juan Raffo, my Music of Latin America (not) Teacher
  7. Empanadas de Humito (creamed corn)
  8. The first salad I've found in this city with vegetables also being the best salad I've ever had.
  9. Getting laughed at every time I ask how it's possible that Argentina is the world's second largest producer of soy and manages to LITERALLY not eat a single leaf of eat.  This answer is always, "We really just like beef here."
  10. Planning spring break at the end of the world.
  11. Hunting penguinoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment